The PhD in Management consists of the new designation, from the academic year 2021/2022onwards. It replaces the previously known PhD in Business Administration.
The Doctoral Programme in Management seeks to develop competent academic researchers at an international standard in the field of Management. The Doctoral Programme in Management, totalling 180 ECTS, is organised in two distinct phases: a first academic year of coursework dedicated to learning and research within compulsory course units (in the areas of Management and Epistemology), a wide range of specialisation course units in the different areas of Management (Accounting, Applied Quantitative Methods, Finance, Marketing and Strategy and Organisation and Business Policy) and various methodological seminars designed to support students in writing their doctoral thesis; this is followed by four semesters exclusively dedicated to research work towards the production of the doctoral thesis.
English is the working language in the Doctoral Programme in Management, which offers excellent conditions for researching, both in terms of facilities and bibliographical, software and databases. Contact with the international academic world is highly encouraged. The Programme organises an annual research conference with guests from other universities and supports student participation in international conferences. It relies on a highly qualified faculty body, trained in reference universities across the world and affiliated to research centres with good research assessments (NIPE - Economic Policies Research Centre, and CEMAPRE - Centre of Mathematics Applied to Economic Forecasting and Decision) and with growing publication rates. Students come from 15 different nationalities, fostering an excellent working and social environment.
The Programme’ specific objectives are to:
• Promote the advancement of knowledge in Management;
• Prepare students to develop independent and original scientific research in Management;
• Provide students with the necessary support to produce high quality research, by attending a programme of taught courses;
• Contribute to the interdisciplinary discussion of knowledge in Management and its interactions with other areas of knowledge;
• Promote communication within the academic community and to society in general by discussing the results, contributions and implications of research projects;
• Capacitate students to take action in their professional and social contexts within the various domains of Management in a way that contributes to scientific and social progress.
If you are looking to obtain advanced training of excellence and to develop your research skills in the areas of Management, EEG's Doctoral Programme in Management offers you the necessary resources and support to be successful at such a demanding endeavour.
The language of instruction in this programme is English.
The tuition fee for 2022/2023 is 2750,00€.
For international students, the tuition fee is 4500,00€.