EEGenerating Skills is EEG’s Transferable Skills Development Programme. It aims at generating skills that are themselves generating opportunities for individual and professional success. These skills are a landmark devised by EEG to facilitate a better integration and performance in the labour market.
Transferable skills are skills that are useful and applicable across different subject areas and different professional contexts, and include communication, teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, critical and ethical thinking, and creativity among others.
Transferable skills are a crucial differentiating element in the job market, boosting the employability of those who hold them.
In the first cycle programmes, in addition to obtaining a positive grade in the project component, the conclusion of the Curricular Unit (UC) "Project" implies the verification of the following requirements cumulatively:
(1) compliance with 3 ECTS in the EEGenerating Skills programme;
(2) compliance with the Data Analysis Requirement;
(3) compliance with the Internationalisation Requirement
No matter the Workshop or Lecture typology, the EEGS programme provides for the fulfillment of ECTS in activities of the predefined Plan and elective activities the student may choose.
Although there is a timeline to participate in these activities, students may realise these activities throughout the degree programme they are pursuing. The predefined Plan can be consulted at the "Rules" document available on the programme platform. The compliance with the accumulation of credits in the EEGenerating Skills programme is under the rules established annually.
The Data Analysis Requirement is met by the successful attendance of an Excel Functions course offered under the EEG Data Analysis Programme (EEG Data Pro). Alternatively, if the student has already acquired the competencies contemplated in this course, he/she can take an Advanced Excel, Stata, SPSS, or NVivo course .
The operation of the activities of the EEGenerating Skills and EEG DataPro programmes may not coincide with the bachelor's degree timetable.
The Internationalisation Requirement is fulfilled by obtaining stamps on the "EEG Passport". The activities to which stamps are assigned include, among others::
- international mobility within the Erasmus + programme or equivalent
- International Placement/Volunteering Internship (minimum six weeks)
- extra-curricular language course
- crash international mobility studies (minimum one week)
- attendance of an elective curricular unit in English
- participation in a challenge-type contest when in its international level stage l
- participation in negotiation simulation in international organisations (UN/EU debates)
- participation in ESN + AIESEC activities
- collaboration in the organisation of international conferences held at EEG
The internationalisation activities can be updated each year. Compliance with the requirements under the Internationalisation component is under the rules established annually for that component.
* It does not apply to the Bachelor in Accounting.
* It will not apply to the Bachelor International Business Degree in the academic year of 2021-2022.
Regarding the 2nd cycle educational offer, the UC "Data Analysis and Transversal Skills ** requires the attendance of modules credited to the course in the EEG DATAPro programme and the EEGenerating Skills programme.
The curricular unit "Data Analysis and Transversal Skills" can be done throughout the first year of the study cycle.
The descriptors of each module and its scheduling are available on the programme's enrollment platform. Students must register for the modules they wish to participate in by following the open access and operation instructions. They should also consult the "Rules" document available on the programme platform.
It will not apply to the Master's degree in International Business in the academic year of 2021-2022.
** Em 2021-2022, não se aplicará ao Mestrado em Negócios Internacionais.